If you have an iOS, Android, Windows phone or Blackberry device you can turn on Google Authenticator.This will make it a lot harder for unauthorized users to gain access to your account.
IMPORTANT: xat staff will never ask you to turn off Google Authenticator. If anyone asks you to turn off Google Authenticator they are trying to access your account and steal your xats/days/powers.
You shouldn't rely 100% on Google Authenticator. You still need to protect your passwords, see: Phishing
IMPORTANT: Never ever share your token code with a friend or anybody else
Instructions on how to enable/disable Google Authenticator
Login here, then login to your account and select the drop downlist and enable google authenticator.
IMPORTANT: When you enable google authenticator, you should also print out the page with the code given. This will help you add it to a new phone if necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I get an error
- A. Please check the clock on your device.
Q. Incorrect authenticator code.
- A. Make sure the time on your phone is set correctly and enter the token then displayed on your phone.
Q. What happens if I lose my phone or don't have access to enter the Token code?
- A. Make a ticket at http://xat.com/ticket Under "General" and request that you want your Token code reset.
Q. I get "Login requires authenticator code."
- A. Check your device and enter the authenticator code given inside of the application.
Q. If I switch phones, how will I get this to work on my new one?
- A. If you change phones, you need to use the page you printed out and add the account QR code/time based code to the application again. You can also turn off authenticator and turn it back on and use the new code.
iOS, Android and Blackerry Application support is listed at the following link: http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1066447 When following these guides, please use the code or QR code given by xat after enabling the google authenticator option as these are for your xat account.