Gcontrol allows you to fine tune (to make small adjustments) to the settings of your chat, below you will view a list of all options you can fine tune for your chat.
Additionally, if you are a moderator, it allows you to ban for an extra 2 hours on any chat you are a moderator.
A toon will show when previously done:
- Made Guest
- Made member
- Made moderator
A moderators maximum ban time is: 0-99 hours. (0 = forever). An owners maximum ban time is 0-999 hours. (0 = forever)
Usually owners are only allowed to set a scroller at the bottom of a chat group, however when Gcontrol is assigned this gives an Owner the ability to have Moderators set a scroll as well.
Moderators must have tickle. This power forces Moderators to have account locking on (or else they will be guests) http://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php/Tickle for more on account locking.
Staff members must be a registered user. For example: Gcontrol forces a Moderator to be registered (or else they will be guests)
Preferred blast (0-4) Set 0 for random blast effects. Example: set 4 for a hippo ban blast effect.
Maximum amount of Toons (control toon users at your chat, toons are guests without ID's)
Ad position (0-2) (Control the placement of an Ad banner. (0 = random, 1 = top, 2 = bottom)
Some of these settings allow you to choose an rank that can do the option, for example To make a guest, you can have it set to Main Owner and then the main owner will be the only one allowed to guest people.
- Note: Ban times can be increased. If a Moderator|Owner has Mod8/Gcontrol, it will allow them to ban an extra 2 hours (for a maximum of 4 hours). Please keep this in mind.
Note these are not guaranteed to be added.
- Allow "make tempmod" or "make tempmem" or "make tempown" permissions.
- Add buttons etc. for kicking/making mods when permission is granted.
- Options for individual users (so one mod can have permissions another doesn't)
- Allow mute / hush etc. to be disabled or set for mods.
- Control who can delete messages.
- Turn off ban reports
- Allow certain users to be unbannable / unmoddable etc.
- Ability to remove or change the sensitivity of automatic kicks (anti-flood), or change which ranks are affected.
- Setting different ban times for tempmods/tempowners.
- Allow $tealth to be disabled or set for mods.
- Controlling who can ban/kick/demote who. For example allowing moderators to demote tempmods, preventing owners from banning moderators, preventing tempmods from banning permanent members etc.
- Control who can post links. For example allowing guests to post links, or only allowing moderators and up to post links.
- Invisible power permissions (Allowing members, mods, etc. to use it).
- Giving mods certain abilities that only turn on when no owners are in the chatroom and turn off when an owner enters the chatroom. This would have to i ignore any owners that are invisible.
- Moderator cannot ban a user without putting a reason,and if they click ban without a reason in the box, it won't do anything.
- Control who can see events on your chat. Example allow Moderators+ to see events, or only Main owner to see events.