A macro allows you to assign a message to an abbreviation, so you can send that message quickly using the abbreviation.
MACRO NAMES ARE CASE SENSITIVE.
The format of creating a macro is as follows: $macroName=This is my macro message.
To set a macro, type: $rules=1. no spam 2. no flaming into the chatbox. This will create a macro named "rules." The message assigned to this macro is "1. no spam 2. no flaming."
After setting the macro value, the help system will confirm the creation of the macro by saying: $rules=1. no spam 2. no flaming.
After the macro is set, you can now type: $rules into the chat box and it will be replaced with the rules you set above.
To change the "rules" macro you created, type: $rules=1. no spam 2. no flaming 3. no asking for mod.
Now whenever you type $rules into the chatbox, your rules will be shown.
To delete or clear a macro that you have set, type: $rules= into the chatbox.
To view all your current macros that you have set, type $= into the chatbox.
Note: the macro names are case sensitive. We recommend using all lowercase letters for your macro names, to make things easier.
You can set macros for just about any purpose. Some examples are:
- $fav=(d#r#loser#g) for easy use of custom smilies, now you can just type: $fav
- $effect=g#bye to store an effect which you would use, like this: (redface#$effect)
- $announce=Tonight at 7pm we will have a live radio show on the chat for a phrase you want to say often
Decrease your lag on xat
Macros can also be used to store certain xat chat settings. For example, if you experience lag, you can use these macros to disable certain features (to turn the features back on, type "on" rather than "off," or just leave the macro value blank after the equals sign):
- $sanimate=off - Disables smiley animations.
- $avatars=off - Hides avatars.
- '$ Brokat = off' - Ukrywa efekt brokatu na awatarów.
- $animate=off - Disables animated avatars.
- $flix=off - Disables Flix animations.
- $gback=off - Disables Gback.
- $SetStatus=off - Hides user status messages.
These macros can be used to significantly decrease your lag by turning off various features of xat. These macros can also be combined, to even further decrease a user's lag.