HTML5 history new web
|HTML5 New Web|
|Report a bug:||Bug tracker|
This article documents the development of the new HTML5 web. New features are also pointed out.
|Version September 30, 2020|
- New - App Sidebar:
- We have added a sidebar app menu on the left side on groups. This allows you to quickly access certain apps or the app menu.
- On smaller screens, the sidebar menu will show up above the chat.
- App menu:
- The design for the app menu has been improved.
- An issue has been fixed where opening a group on a smaller screen would leave a large space at the top, requiring you to scroll down to get to the HTML5 chat. Now the chat is directly appearing at the top.
- xatframe settings:
- The system has been more efficient as the global xatframe setting will not override the current xatframe setting anymore.
- After clicking “save” on the modal, it will now update the xatframe directly without having to refresh the page anymore.
- Reminder: The settings are accessed from the top menu under the “group” tab.
- xatframe clickable content:
- The area above the HTML5 chat has been slightly increased and can now be used for clickable content with xatframes.
- Trade app:
- When opening a private chat, switching pools and then opening the Trade app, the name and added values wouldn’t be shown. We have fixed this issue. Trading between pools is now possible.
- A critical issue has been fixed where after completing a trade, the added values wouldn’t show when doing another trade right after.
- System error 66 and 69 (login requirement) will give better information now.
- New - App Sidebar:
- Using forbidden contents such as “embed” will now show an error.
- Group powers:
- Link - You can now simply add links with a built-in tool.
- Gback - When adding a Gback on the Gscol, it will now automatically add a “#” at the beginning, if this is missing. “#” is required for Gback to work.
- We added a way to quickly search events from other groups. To do so, simply add the group name in the field.
- When clicking “search” or “old results” it will not automatically bring you to the first row of the table.
- Special characters would be encoded into HTML characters, this issue has been fixed.
- Create Group:
- An issue has been fixed where if invalid characters were used, you wouldn’t receive an error.
- xatframe library
- xatframes with clickable content will be better pointed out now. To see them, simply click on the button at the right.
- Top five xatframe submitters are now listed. The listing depends on the amount of submitted xatframes. If there’s an equal amount, it will randomly show a user per refresh.
- Buttons (login/register) on top menu have been improved.
- The power banner design has been changed and you can now also hover over smilies to see the name.
- Bug Fixes:
- User personalized content on the homepage wouldn’t properly show for languages other than English, this has been fixed.
- On top menu (groups), clicking on featured/popular/etc would bring you the old web page, this has been fixed.
- An issue has been fixed where the “account” menu at the top right would show a large stripe of images if the avatar was animated.
[Show/hide] Version July 4, 2020
- #chats (create group, edit group, events, xatframe library):
- We have changed the url structure. It now is: https://xat.com/chats#!editgroup&roomid=160324526&GroupName=HTML5
- Edit group:
- If you use a domain (e.g. for chat background) that xat doesn’t allow and save, you will now be prompted with a message regarding the blocked url.
- Certain radio urls would be blocked. This is now fixed.
- We have pointed out that http radio urls will not work with Google Chrome Browser anymore. Since a few months, Google Chrome allows https only. If possible, please switch over your radio to https.
- #group powers
- An error with the export functionality has been fixed.
- On bot power, saving with empty values wouldn’t work, this issue is now fixed.
- #main owners
- When trying to add more than 20 main owners, which is not possible due to the limit, switching tab and back would show an undefined value, this is now fixed.
- xatframe library
- An indication has been added for xatframes that require the transparent chat background setting enabled.
- We have made the homepage fully responsive. The page now adjusts to your screen, like on mobile devices.
- Images on carousel have been updated.
- Xavi and stickers tab has been added on carousel.
- User personalization has been implemented. If logged in, you will now see different content.
- The footer has been updated with links and social media icons.
- By adding ?x at the end of the url (e.g. xat.com/html5?x), you can now get the image of the chat background.
- The top menu navigation will fit better on medium-sized screens now.
[Show/hide] Version June 13, 2020
- Create group, editgroup and events, when clicked via new web, will now bring you to the new web page.
- The old web pages will be entirely replaced very soon. More information here.
- On appearance tab, xatframe library button has been added.
- On settings two new settings have been added:
- Buddy group - this is for adding another group on your chat tab.
- HTML5 - You can now make your group use the HTML5 web and chat by default.
- Miscellaneous settings have been moved to an own tab.
- On powers, default and max value for gcontrol flood threshold has been increased.
- On main owners tab, a wrong error message would show up, this is now fixed.
- xatframe library has been released now. More information here.
- Top right menu:
- When changing language, it will now also update the promoted chats in the groups dropdown.
- On store dropdown, xavi has been removed.
- In group dropdown, the new embed is now available.
- Once embed is clicked, a pop-up window will appear.
- In group dropdown, xatframe settings have been added.
- Once xatframe is clicked, a pop-up window will appear.
- Here you can choose whether you want to disable (or enable) xatframe on the current group or on all groups.
- An issue with the send message modal has been fixed where you couldn’t send another message after submitting.
- CSS and icon updates have been made.
- Success/Error alert style has been updated across all pages.
- On store ads page, tinypic image requirement has been removed.
- On store buy group page, when purchasing a group, the success message style would show incorrectly, this is now fixed.
- On mobile devices, the menu on the navigation will now be pointed out better.
- On mobile devices, the tabs on the bottom navigation will now have a better aesthetic appearance.
[Show/hide] Version May 18, 2020
- Group page:
- New report group (inappropriate) page has been implemented.
- New send message has been added.
- Once you click at the “send message” in the top menu under the “group” dropdown, it will directly open a pop-up window now.
- Many input fields would show wrong autocompleted content from the browser. This issue has been fixed.
- Collections - On the powers store you can now see a “collection” tab. This shows all super-powers, allpowers and everypower.
- The “New” icon for new powers has been updated.
- Dx and x2d tab now have new icons.
- Small corrections on rules have been made.
- On the login page tabs, there was a lack of space below the last button. This has been added now. This is an improvement for mobile devices.
- Eye icon for view password has been updated.
- A success message was missing after account deletion, this is now fixed.
- Top right menu:
- In the account dropdown, you would see xConfig.ID, this has been fixed.
- In the xat dropdown, support icon has been replaced.
- The globe/earth icon for language on the right has been updated.
- Create group, edit group and events are now available in public beta. Visit the forum for more information.
[Show/hide] Version March 25, 2020
- Power banner:
- You will now see a countdown for the next power release.
- Unregistered users would see an empty banner, this has been fixed.
- Group ads:
- Banner ads from https://xat.com/store#!ads will now show up on every new web page.
- Changing the language on top right menu will also affect the html5 chat box now.
- Power banner:
[Show/hide] Version December 22, 2019
- DX convert page has been added.
- X2D convert page has been added.
- Please note that a few small bugs will be fixed in the near future with DX and X2D.
- Power banner:
- You will now see the random power preview.
- An issue has been fixed where the banner would freeze after 30 seconds.
- Alignment of the smilies in the banner has been improved.
- When clicking the banner, it would show the xat homepage within the banner, this issue has been fixed. You are now redirected to the store.
[Show/hide] Version October 29, 2019
- Top Nagivation Bar (all new pages):
- The blue-black gradient color has been made more smooth.
- The search button color matches the input search border now.
- The navbar height has been adjusted, the xat logo is not stuck at the bottom anymore.
- The xat halloween/xmas logo is now supported.
- You can now dynamically change the website language at the top right.
- Events/message/edit is now available in groups dropdown on the menu.
- Register button has been added.
- xat Homepage:
- "new to xat?" is now centered to the image.
- Font size for group name/description has been adjusted.
- Quality for group icon on the containers has been improved.
- The promoted chat size has been reduced.
- The box-shadow on the chat cards has been removed.
- The space between the navbar and the promoted chat has been removed.
- Promotion link has been updated to the new web.
- Get Powers link has been updated to the new web.
- Removed "Apps" from xat dropdown.
- The footer has been improved.
- A unicode character issue has been fixed which would appear if a group didn’t have a description.
- An issue has been fixed to avoid some old group names to be displayed with a "null" name.
[Show/hide] Version May 26, 2019
- New power store:
- Power descriptions have been completely updated.
- “Please read carefully” message has been removed and the last rule has been adjusted.
- Short power description column width has been increased.
- An issue with the filter has been fixed which would apply all powers on the featured tab, instead of featured powers only.
- ‘Unavailable, try trading’ has been added for all limited powers.
- A redirect issue with deleting your xat account has been fixed.
- An issue has been fixed which would show the logout content on the login tabs after logging out.
[Show/hide] Version April 27, 2019
- New power store:
- Clicking power image redirects to wiki now.
- Search has been improved (i.e. searching for color will show namecolor/statuscolor now).
- Powers table has been made responsive for smaller screens.
- Clicking “clear” in the dropdown menu next to the search wouldn’t erase the search input, this has been fixed.
- Bold font from short power description has been removed.
- Powers which are limited now have a different background color in the table.
- Filter saving has been added. To do so, open on the dropdown menu next to the search, choose an option and click “save”.
- A total price is shown now.
- An issue with “Delete account” has been fixed.
New: Register page has been released.
- Overall design changes have been applied.
- An issue has been fixed which would let you complete the registration with non-alphanumeric characters as password, leading to issues with the trade app.
[Show/hide] Version April 4, 2019
- Lost password works properly now.
- Login issues on MAC OS Safari have been fixed.
- Small CSS (alignment) improvements on auctions page have been applied.
- On powers store buying more than 1 power wouldn’t work properly, this has been fixed.
- Promotion icon on groups dropdown was broken for a few pages, this has been fixed.
- An issue with "get cost" has been fixed on the shortname page.
New: Logout added.
- New Logout has now been added to the "account" dropdown menu.
- If you logout, this will give you an entire new ID!
[Show/hide] Version March 28, 2019
- New buy xats & days page has been added
- New auctions page has been added.
- Banner has been added.
New: Login page has been introduced.
- New design with improvements.
- Security settings are now shown clearer: You can now lock your account by country / isp / ip adress.
- You now see a message when you're held.
- Group powers have been moved on a new tab.
- Change username / delete account has been moved on a new tab.
- The password(s) fields have an eye icon, which will show/hide your password to you.
[Show/hide] Version March 21, 2019
- Navigation menu links have been updated with new CSS (font color and instant dropdown).
- All new pages have been updated on the menu links (powers store, buy short name, promotion, ads, buy group page).
[Show/hide] Version March 9, 2019
- New buy Short Name, Promotion, Ads, buy Group page has been added.
New: Powers store page has been released.
- Aesthetical improvements have been made.
- You can now navigate trough tabs:
- featured: this shows the latest xat powers and recent popular powers.
- standard: this tab is for all unlimited powers.
- rare: this tab is for all limited powers.
- epic: xat’s epic powers are shown here.
- group: xat’s group powers are shown here.
- games: this tab is for xat’s game powers.
- all: every xat power is shown on this tab.
- A search has been added, for you to quickly find the power you’re looking for.
- Next to the search field, you have a dropdown menu for filtering with these options:
- Clear: This clears the content in the search field.
- A-Z: Powers are listed alphabetically starting from a to z.
- Z-A: Powers are listed alphabetically starting from z to a.
- 1-9: Powers are listed by power ID in ascdening order.
- 9-1: Powers are listed by power ID in descending order.
- $ > $$: Powers are by sorted by price from low to high.
- $$ > $: Powers are by sorted by price from high to low.
- All those new pages are now in one site, in a navigation and can be opened without re-loading the page.
[Show/hide] Version October 24, 2018
- xat.com Homepage has been updated.
- Overall design update with a new menu, new buttons and new icons.
- Flash chat has been replaced with the new HTML5 chat.
- Facebook follow button has been added next to twitter
- GDPR settings have been added.
- Language now depends on browser language (?lang=countrycode can be used to change it manually).
[Show/hide] Version October 20, 2018
- New HTML5 groups page.
- Banner (power ads) has been added.
- New icons have been added in the menus.
[Show/hide] Version October 3, 2018
- New HTML5 groups page.
- Favicon has been added.
- In groups menu, promoted chats will now show depending of the browser language.
- In groups menu, embed group and create group has been added.
- In xat menu, forum has been added.
- In xat menu, apps has been added to simply open up the apps list.
- In account menu, default avatars have been added.
- In bottom Navigation, comments have heen removed.
- In bottom Navigation, an issue with “undefined” has been fixed.
- In bottom Navigation, GDPR settings have been introduced: Third party content will now be blocked, unless you allow it to show.
- In bottom Navigation, first tab will now be automatically rendered for trusted groups.
- Http links will now be opened in a new tab by default
- Doodle application now works properly.
- Trade application has been fixed.
- Shooter and Smilies application has been removed.
- Chess game had a broken xat logo, this has been fixed.
- You can now use the Translator.
[Show/hide] Version September 14, 2018
- New HTML5 groups page has been added.
- A new header with a completely new menu including dropdowns has been added.
- Bottom navigation has been revamed with a dynamic function, allowing you to switch tabs without refreshing the page.
- Flash apps are working with the HTML5 chat.