- A full reason is required for each kick. Moderators always need to include a reason when banning. The only exception is when you are banning raid bots or when a user is unbanning themselves.
- If a raid is occurring, use the /p protect mode. If that fails, use the /pr mode.
- If a user breaks a rule while seeking assistance, give them more leniency than someone who is here to just chat about general topics.
- Include rule violation information in kick reasons so that users can correct their behavior. Do not just give a directive and hope they understand their wrongdoing.
- A ban should not be issued if a user leaves the chat but would normally get kicked for the committed offense.
- Users are allowed to test smiley combinations at a minimal level as long as it does not disrupt normal helping operations.
- Unprofessional conduct at other chats may put you at risk for getting demoted at Assistance. This is handled on a case-by-case basis.
- You must be active in order to maintain your position. Activity is measured by how often you help, not by recorded events.
- Consult a user of equal or higher rank when deciding to demote someone. In cases of clear abuse, you can demote immediately.
- Do not ban for long periods of time for measly reasons. A day-long ban may not necessarily be fair for all rule violations. Think carefully about what is fair and appropriate.
- Owners may not mute people for petty things (such as smiley spam).
- Do not kick banned users unless they are rapidly clicking you.
- While an owner’s primary responsibility is making sure that other staff members effectively help and enforce rules, owners are still required to help.
- Bans issued by the bot should be verified. If the user needs help, consider unbanning them.
- Moderators are required to give proof for violations that occur in the moderator’s private chat.
- All staff members are encouraged to keep the translate application open if possible since it would highly increase the efficiency of finding inappropriate messages and providing assistance when a user is not able to speak English or the staff members' language.
- Owners can make members when they feel the user has earned it. Although it is not a requirement, it is recommended to consult other owners before doing so.
- Owners should ranklock a user to guest if that user breaks a rule and is sometimes a temporary moderator.
- If you are away or busy, please move to the staff pool. This will allow for the bot to make temporary moderators more accurately based on need.