Difference between revisions of "Rules:Chat"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 20:42, 25 August 2015
- A full reason is required for each kick. Moderators always need to include a reason when banning. The only exception is when you are banning raid bots.
- If a raid is occurring, use the /p protect mode. If that fails, use the /pr mode. Do not use protect if a user is unbanning themselves.
- Include rule violation information in kick reasons so that users can correct their behavior. Do not just give a directive and hope they understand their wrongdoing.
- A ban should not be issued if a user leaves the chat but would normally get kicked for the committed offense.
- Users are allowed to test smiley combinations at a minimal level as long as it does not disrupt the chat.
- Unprofessional conduct at other chats may put you at risk for getting demoted at Chat. This is handled on a case-by-case basis.
- You must be active in order to maintain your position. Activity is measured by being online frequently along with events.
- Consult a user of equal or higher rank when deciding to demote someone. In cases of clear abuse, you can demote immediately.
- Do not ban for long periods of time for measly reasons. A day-long ban may not necessarily be fair for all rule violations. Think carefully about what is fair and appropriate.
- Do not kick banned users unless they are rapidly clicking you.
- Moderators are required to give proof for violations that occur in the moderator’s private chat.