- A full reason is required for each kick and ban. Owners do not have to include reasons for mutes. The only exceptions are when you are banning raid bots or banning users who keep unbanning themselves.
- If a raid is occurring, use the /p protect mode. If that fails, use the /pr mode.
- If a user breaks a rule while seeking assistance, give them more leniency than someone who is here to just chat about general topics.
- Include rule violation information in kick reasons so that users can correct their behavior. Do not just give a directive and hope they understand their wrongdoing.
- A ban should not be issued if a user leaves the chat but would normally get kicked for the committed offense.
- Users are allowed to test smiley combinations at a minimal level as long as it does not disrupt normal helping operations.
- Unprofessional conduct at other chats may put you at risk for getting demoted at Help. This is handled on a case-by-case basis.
- You must be active in order to maintain your position. Activity is measured by how often you help, not by recorded events.
- Consult a user of equal or higher rank when deciding to demote someone. In cases of clear abuse, you can demote immediately.
- Do not ban for long periods of time for measly reasons. A day-long ban may not necessarily be fair for all rule violations. Think carefully about what is fair and appropriate.
- Owners may not mute people for petty things (such as smiley spam).
- Do not kick banned users unless they are rapidly clicking you.
- While an owner’s primary responsibility is making sure that other staff members effectively help and enforce rules, owners are still required to help.
- If you are an owner and would like for someone to be a member, suggest that person to the main owner and make a case for why that person should become a member.
- Bans issued by the bot should be verified. If the user needs help, consider unbanning them.
- Moderators are required to give proof for violations that occur in the moderator’s private chat.
- Owners should ranklock a user to guest if that user breaks a rule and is sometimes a temporary moderator.
- If you are away or busy, please move to the staff pool. This will allow for the bot to make temporary moderators more accurately based on need.
- If an unregistered user reports something that happened in a private chat or message, do not take action. Tell the user to use the ignore feature.