xat Trade is a chat for users to trade xats, days and powers. In this chat, you must abide by these rules (the general idea of the rule is put in bold). This makes it a safe and clean environment for all users to trade and not be offended.
ALL RULES APPLY TO YOUR MESSAGES, NAME, STATUS, HOMEPAGE, AVATAR, ETC.
1. English is the only language allowed with a few exceptions
In most cases, the only language that is acceptable here is English and greetings in another language. If a user requests help in a non-English language, we will direct them to the correct chat that they may find the assistance that they are looking for. The usage of vendo or compro instead of sell or buy is acceptable.
2. Be respectful and do not harass or discriminate
We do not permit harassment, discriminatory remarks, or derogatory slang terms. Do not say anything that may offend someone, including, but not limited to, flaming a person, group, or chat. Very specifically, we do not allow homophobia, for example. For non-severe offenses, such as saying "you suck" or "shut up," a warning will be given, whereas saying highly offensive words or committing more severe offenses would get you immediately banned.
3. Be respectful to the staff members
The members, moderators and owners on Trade are helping to keep the chat clean. If you feel you were mistreated, contact an owner or the main owner privately and discuss it. Publicly complaining about the member, moderator, owner, or putting them down is not fun for anyone. You will be asked to drop the conversation. If the conversation continues about it, you will be banned. This involves moderator discretion.
4. Do not request a higher rank
Asking to become a member or above is not allowed. Positions at Trade are strictly earned on Trade. You can find more information by clicking here
5. Do not transmit inappropriate content
Transmitting material of an inappropriate nature is not allowed. This includes sexualized images, smiley combinations, or stick figures. Unprofessional behavior like swearing or flirting is not allowed. Censoring a swear word by typing the swear word with a few omitted characters or asterisks is not allowed. Discussion of drugs in classes A to C (according to UK law) is not allowed. Click here
for more information. This may involve moderator discretion.
6. Do not advertise non-creative content or websites
Generally, posting images, videos, or other creative content is allowed, as long as the content comes from mainstream websites like YouTube
. Linking to things from the xat forum or any xat fan site is also acceptable. Other advertising is not allowed, except for in a user's homepage. Drawing signs to a homepage is not allowed unless the content in the homepage is also content that can be posted in the main chat. This involves moderator discretion.
7. Do not impersonate other users
Do not impersonate other users, namely xat staff, volunteers
, or Trade staff(s). Posing as another user to get them kicked or banned is also not permitted. Impersonation is not necessarily using the same name and avatar as another user. An example of impersonation is when a user says they are a different user and tries to act like them, which can include using that other person’s name and avatar.
8. Spamming is not allowed with a few exceptions
Posting random messages to annoy the chat room is not allowed. Flooding is not allowed, that is, sending 3 or more messages at once. A maximum of 6 smileys will be permitted in one's name. Constantly clicking someone is not permitted. Constantly erasing doodles is also not allowed. Only 1-3 caps are allowed per sentence (owners are an exception). This involves moderator discretion. You are allowed to spam your greetings, names, and laughs, without abusing the rule (this also involves moderator discretion). One line of smiley spam is allowed only.
9. Do not beg or ask for free products
Begging or implying you want xats, days, or powers will not be tolerated under any circumstances regardless. You can either purchase xats or enter contests hosted on the forum
10. False information and fake reports may result in a ban
Providing false help to a user seeking assistance is not permitted. If it appears that a user is providing false help with ill-intent or in an obviously jokingly way, that user may be banned immediately. Simple mistakes, mostly due to outdated information, may result in a warning or correction. Additionally, if a user reports another user with non-genuine proof, the reporting user may be banned forever.
11. Do not disrupt the operations of the chat
Behaving in a manner that disrupts the operations of the chat may result in a ban. Having debates about topics, even politics, is acceptable as long as the discussions are civil. In accordance with the first rule, such topics may be halted if it is deemed that such topics are interfering too much with Trade. A disagreement in opinion, or even constructive criticism, should not be considered disruption, but sending hateful or abusive comments will not be tolerated.
12. Do not troll, post inflammatory remarks, or facilitate drama
Only ask questions related to xat. Since this is a chat where users receive assistance, there is little room for trolling or posting inflammatory remarks. We understand that users may have light-hearted fun by having fun. This is not considered trolling. However, there are some cases to look out for. If this type of behavior becomes excessive or drawn out, or if the user has an obvious intent to annoy others or disrupt the chat, or if the user is being overly-obnoxious, they may be asked to stop. Posting things for obvious shock value (something that may be seen as highly disgusting or angering) is considered overly-obnoxious and will not be allowed and can be considered trolling. Facilitating drama is also not allowed. This should primarily discourage negative discussion about occurrences or operations at other groups, unless a user is requesting assistance for dealing with such situations. Finally, do not repeatedly ask the same question after the question has been answered.
13. Selling or trading unrelated items on Trade are not allowed with a few exceptions
Selling xats, powers or days for off-site currency is prohibited and this includes your homepage, status and/or name. The only currency allowed is xat's currency, and that includes xats, powers and days. Selling graphics in main chat is allowed only for xat's currency. Drawing signs to other chats or website with the intent of bringing attention to the sale item(s) typically prohibited on the main chat. Buying or selling xat products for off-site currency is prohibited for most users for safety reasons. Please see rule 14 for more information on this.
14. Drawing signs to the sale of xats is allowed under very restricted circumstances
Only trusted Resellers
are allowed to draw signs to the sale of xats for off-site currency, such as cash. This can only be done in a status. No other person or group may draw signs to the sale of xats except for volunteers. The only
way that Resellers
may draw signs to the sale of xats is by indicating that they are a reseller. No other sign, symbol, or indication may be used to draw signs to the sale of off-site currency. Users should take notice that resellers listed on the Resellers
page are not official resellers, and are not officially endorsed by xat; they are simply trusted resellers with long history of safe transactions.
15. Selling identification numbers (ID) is not allowed
Buying or selling identification numbers is not allowed in name, status, main chat, private chat or in private message. Selling xats, powers, or days for off-site currency is prohibited in status, unless noted otherwise. Buying or selling any other product or service is prohibited.
16. The use of Size and Big is restricted
Do not use the Size
power above level w7 or w77. Names with smilies can exceed this limit to a reasonable extent, but can not overlap text or names. The use of Size and Big
(combined) above size level w6 or w66 is not allowed.
17. Do not discuss hacking or related activities
The discussion of hacking is strictly prohibited. A user requesting help on being hacked or compromised is acceptable.
18. Making fun of users for purchasing xat products, or attempting to earn rank, is not allowed
Visitors do not come to help to be berated for their purchases, so do not make fun of users for purchasing xat products. Do not make fun of users who appear to be attempting to become a member at Help. Their efforts are appreciated.
19. All visitors must use a name of reasonable length or size
Visitors are required to use a name of reasonable length or size. Using a visible smiley as a name is acceptable. Moderators have the ability to use their own discretion when determining if a name is appropriate. Generally, using even a letter is fine.
20. Moderators and owners have the final say in classifying offensive material
Due to the nature of the English language, it is not possible to list every offensive term or phrase. For minor instances of inappropriate behavior, the user will be told to stop or will be kicked, based on the judgement of the moderators or owners who are witnessing the behavior. If you disagree with the way a moderator or owner deals with a situation, wait until a person of higher rank is available to resolve your complaint or request.
21. Obey the xat Terms of Service
and do not share confidential information
Failure to comply with the Terms of Service agreement may result in a ban. The following topics are major areas to be aware of: Exposing personal information, abusing or teaching glitches, and phishing or scamming. Linking to, discussing, or even mentioning private servers of any kind is not permitted, especially ones that involve xat. Lastly, do not discuss private information, such as protected blog posts, with users who are not authorized to see or discuss the information in question.
- Scamming or attempting to scam will lead to a forever ban.
- If you were scammed, then you should go to xats ticket system and report the scam under the "Scam Report" department with all sufficient proofs that you have.
- If you are reserve then open a Ticket under the Payment Problems department.
- False trades should be reported to a moderator or owner right away for the appropriate actions to be taken. Include full proofs of the conversation and screenshots of the register name and ID.
- If you're unable to open a ticket then you should try the Support Forum. You will be helped there with proper directions if needed.
- If you feel you were mistreated by another staff, then feel free to send the Main Owner a message here.
- A full reason is required for each kick and ban. Owners do not have to include reasons for mutes. The only exceptions are when you are banning raid bots or banning users who keep unbanning themselves.
- If a raid is occurring, use the /p protect mode. If that fails, use the /pr mode.
- If a user breaks a rule while seeking assistance, give them more leniency than someone who is here to just chat about general topics.
- If you are banning a user for scamming, make sure to include sufficient proof and to report the user via ticket.
- If a user is testing smilies on the chat, then direct them to xat_Test to test smilies.
- Unprofessional conduct at other chats may put you at risk for getting demoted at Trade. This is handled on a case-by-case basis.
- You must be active in order to maintain your position. Activity is measured by how often you help and by events.
- Consult a user of equal or higher rank when deciding to demote someone. In cases of clear abuse, you can demote immediately.
- Do not ban for long periods of time for measly reasons. A day-long ban may not necessarily be fair for all rule violations. Think carefully about what is fair and appropriate.
- Owners may not mute people for petty things (such as smiley spam).
- Do not kick banned users unless they are rapidly clicking you.
- Bans issued by the bot should be verified. If the user didn't do anything wrong, consider unbanning them. Consult another staff before taking actions on your own.
- Moderators are required to give proof for violations that occur in the moderator’s private chat.
- If an unregistered or registered user is flaming another user in private chat, then a moderator should ban with sufficient evidence; screenshot of the conversation and identification numbers (ID) and ban for it.
- If you are away or busy, please move to the staff pool. This will allow for other users to be made a temporary moderator.
- If you are unsure about your bans, then visit the moderator's guide.
New to xat? No problem! Find frequently asked questions here.
Basic functions on the xat chat box can be located here.
What permissions do owners and moderators have? What makes a good one? This guide teaches you more about the ranking-based system on all chats.
Learn about the endless ways to spend your xats here.
To contact xat directly, you need to open a ticket. Learn more about how to do so here.
Extra abilities and features of xat are available for purchase. Learn more about powers and how to use them here.
Make your holidays and special occasions memorable on xat by sending gifts in the form of a digital card.
Online events can be handled easier with this feature.
Do you have unwanted xats, days, or powers? Are you looking to make a bargain? This guide will help you out and teach you the basics of trading and how to use the trade engine.
Grid, Player, IM, Games, Doodle, Groups, Smilies, and Translate are applications found on tabs on the left of chat group pages. This guide will help teach you how to use them!
A page solely dedicated to you! What might you fill it with? This guide shows you how you can make the most out of your xatspace!
Unfortunately, there are users on xat who will try to deceive you into giving them important information related to your xat account so they can steal your xats/days/powers. This guide will teach you how to prevent being phished.
This feature of the login page prevents unauthorized users from gaining access to your xat account.
The xat Reserve system sets limits on your account, which may affect transferring or trading. This can also protect your xats, days and powers from other people who might try to scam them from you.